Indonesia, located between the Pacific and the Indian Oceans, boasts of more than 18,000 different islands. Needless to say, it is one of the top choices for those looking for a beach vacation and enjoying water-based activities. These islands are world-famous for the gorgeous beaches, exotic cultures along with some best diving destinations. Look for affordable Traveloka flights to reach these islands.
Indonesian islands, stretching across the equator will always guarantee panoramic natural beauty and some great ocean views. Explore the limitless charms and some renowned surf destinations of these islands. Here are some top picks that are not to be missed.
- Banda Islands – These islands have a lot in store for you apart from great views and beach fun. You can enjoy trekking around the two main islands Neira and Banda Bes or reach the highest peak, Banda
Api, which is also an active volcano.
- Belitung– Tourists love exploring the exotic island and its glorious granite boulders that contrast interestingly with the white-sand coasts. The charming island with its quaint old harbour and colonial architecture offer many spots that are Instagram worthy. Browse AirAsia flight booking to learn of some amazing deals and discount offers to the island.
- Ternate Island – Ternate Island is also referred to as the Spice Islands as there are a whole lot of spices grown here like mace, cloves, nutmeg and several other. Ternate Island, once known for a lucrative spice trade is also home to several fortresses and ruins. There is also an abundance of beautiful beaches with clean waters.
- Mentawais– Mentawais are a group of 70 islands and are well known for their well-developed surf scene. Hundreds of tourists arrive here for a range of surf tournaments as the waves here are considered the best for surfing. Explore the island’s forests to sight the rare black and yellow monkeys.
- Sumatra– Sumatra is one of the largest Indonesian islands that enjoys a large number of visitors. Enjoy exploring the immense tropical rainforest landscapes and hike through the jungles of Bukit Lawang and Tangkahan. Do not miss the trip to the volcanic lakes of Maninjau and Toba.
- Lombok-Lombok is a beautiful island which is very popular with travellers. Mataram, its largest city houses the stunning Ta, is another famous man Mayura palace that dates to 18th century. Taman Narmada is another popular site, a Hindu temple turned park where many come to relax and unwind. Kuta with incredible beaches famous for surfing.
- Seribu– Seribu makes for a great weekend getaway because of its proximity to the capital. Located in the Bay of Jakarta, tourists and locals come here to enjoy swimming, sunbathing and snorkelling. This is just the right island for those looking for the much-needed rest and relaxation.
- Wakatobi Islands – The small archipelago is located in the Southeast corner of Indonesia and is world famous for diving. Although itis one of the top diving spots, you will find it less crowded. Thus, you can enjoy swimming and diving to your hearts comets. Pulau Tomia and Pulau Hoga are the two best spots for diving.
- The Gili Islands – Gili Islands are made of three islands, and the biggest of the three is the Gili Trawangan. You will love the chill seaside cafés and vibrant nightlife at Gili Trawangan. For those looking for a more peaceful and quiet place, should head for Gili Meno. For the adventurous, the third island Gili Air is indeed a paradise as the impressive underwater of the islands boasts of the rarest and dangerous marine species on the planet.
- Padar island – The uninhabited Padar island is quiet and serene and boasts of a beautiful hilly landscape. It is part of the Komodo National Park, and the majority of the island is still uncharted. It boasts of a unique panorama as the three magnificent bays embrace each and other and this is what raises the Instagram potential of the Padar island.